How to Fit Yoga into Your Busy Life
We are all busy. That is a given. We are all working hard for our families and paying rent or mortgages. If you are a VIPKid teacher reading this you know the struggle of having a regular life with the crazy times we work. I am writing this to get real about how to fit yoga into your “regular” life.
If you are like most you either don’t have time, energy, or money to spend on yoga classes. That is really one of the best ways to do yoga (my personal opinion). You will have a community of people to meet with on the regular and you get to have someone there pushing you to find your edge. This situation is ideal. However, it is not that easy for everyone. So for those of us who can seem to fit it in there are a few ways to blend it into your life.
- Set aside time – you will make time for the things that matter to you. Even if it is just 15 minutes.
- Do it while you are cooking. I love making stews and soups. Throw it all in a pot put the temp on simmer and Ta Da you have 45 minutes in the kitchen to spare. I will literally just start in the middle of the kitchen.
- place your hands on the wall and do a “wall downward facing dog” randomly at anytime
- Close your eyes and taking 3 deep inhales and exhales using your belly.
- While sitting in your chair at work. Do a twist, figure 4 leg cross as a hip opener (Check out Chair Yoga videos)
- Find youtube channels of yoga you like.
- If you have to go to a laundry mat to do your laundry that is a great time to do some chair yoga or if there are not a lot of people there bring your mat and do it in front of your washer.
- Do Chair pose while you brush your teeth.
- Do one of those free week long yoga challenges. They send you email reminders.
- Do supine twist in bed right before you go to sleep.
I know this all seems silly and weird. However, it is helpful to just add yoga into your regular life. I love finding interesting ways to add it in. Its freeing to the mind. You do not only practice yoga on your mat. It will open up doors to your creative self as well as getting some yoga in.
Have fun finding new yoga places. Comment your unique ideas below.
VIPKID Yogis Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/565965460600427/
VIPKID Yoga Teacher shirts and apparel: https://teespring.com/stores/the-vipkid-yoga-teacher
The VIPKID Yoga Teacher Blog: https://vipkidyogateacher.com/
Link to become a VIPKid Teacher https://t.vipkid.com.cn/mkt/landing/personal?referralToken=3bbb63f15f2be4231d99d7d64ff5e794&refereeId=10605971