DIY Yoga Mat Cleaner
My mat gets dirty all the time. As it should because I use it regularly. It catches the dirt from my feet, sweat from my body, and of course cat and dog hair. I get down and dirty on my mat all the time. That is why I wanted to make my own cleaner. One that would disinfect and not leave a filmy residue. I am also a sucker for essential oils.
What you will need:
- Measuring cups (1/2 cup and 1/8 cup)
- 8 FL oz spray bottle (got mine at walmart for around $1)
- Distilled water
- Witch Hazel
- Tea Tree oil (this is to disinfect)
- Essential oil of your choosing (optional, I used Lemongrass)
Before you get started make sure your spray bottle works properly. Test it out in the sink with tap water before starting your mix.
- Open the spray bottle and insert funnel
- Pour in 1/2 cup of Distilled water
- Pour in 1/8 cup of witch hazel
- Drip 10 drops of Tea Tree Oil
- Drip 10 drops of the essential oil of your choosing.
- Screw the spray nozzle back onto the bottle and shake well. Walla!
Spray on mat and then wipe off with clean cloth. Let mat completely dry before you roll it up.
The VIPKid Yoga Teacher
Check out my other links
VIPKID Yogis Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/565965460600427/
VIPKID Yoga Teacher shirts and apparel: https://teespring.com/stores/the-vipkid-yoga-teacher